Little Shop of Comics in Scotch Plains will be closing it's doors Jan, 28

This is the general information board. Please place any ideas for this site, our servers, or any thing else that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Little Shop of Comics in Scotch Plains will be closing it's doors Jan, 28

Post by Murdock »

Little Shop of Comics in Scotch Plains will; be closing their doors January 28, 2022.

-----Original Message-----
From: A Little Shop of Comics <info@littleshopofcomics.com>
To: dr_who@csi.com
Sent: Wed, Dec 29, 2021 9:03 am
Subject: Important message please read

What a long, strange trip it has been.

Lena and I want to thank you for your patronage these past 26 years.

Over those years, we have gotten to know many of you.
Lena and I appreciate that loyalty.

Lena and I will be closing the brick-and-mortar portion of A Little Shop of Comics at the end of January.
We will be shifting to an online model that does not include weekly books, and Melissa will be accompanying us into the full-time online business.

December 29th, 2021, will be the last Wednesday of new books, in-store and on the website.

This decision is a lifestyle choice for Lena and me.

We talked about this for a few years, and during covid, we determined that running the operation does not allow us a life.
We live to work, which has become something that neither of us wants to continue.
We determined it was time to call it a day on the brick-and-mortar during the lockdown, all before any distributor craziness. We aim to set our online business to a Monday through Friday gig with weekends off.

We will be operating the online store out of a warehouse nearby.

In the end, this was a lifestyle choice, and we will have the opportunity to remold the operation to our needs.
Recapping this news
-Little Shop of Comics physical store will be shutting down at the end of January.
-Little Shop of Comics will become an online operation.
-Little Shop of Comics will not carry new weekly comics effective December 29th, 2021
-Melissa will be joining us in our online venture
-This decision is about quality of life and nothing else.

Thanks
Steve & Lena
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com