Tribes Vengeance Beta Server

This is the place for any discussion relating to any of our game servers.
Osiramon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tribes Vengeance Beta Server

Post by Osiramon »

For Ubercon IV I started to look into Tribes Vengeance.

There is a T:V beta version open for Fileplanet members (and since I am one) I joined up.

I downloaded the beta client and it includes the Windows server as a dedicated server. Looking at the commands I noticed that they are similiar to the ones found in Unreal. Since it is made with Sierra, I'm not that suprised.

The problem is that they use the following ports for their server:

Frequently Asked Questions
What ports do I need to open for my firewall?

The following UDP ports need to be opened:

The following TCP ports need to be opened:

Look familiar? These are shared with the UT ports. So we should not have both up at the same time. The different one is 6500 and 28910. I will see if I can have these altered in the client. I know we can do that with UT.. It will make it interesting if we want to have this at Ubercon IV.
Osiramon
A.K.A. CorpusDecrepid

--

--

Post by -- »

T:V uses the Unreal Technology utlizing the Vengeance Engine and yes all port addressing can be changed to anything you like.

Osiramon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Osiramon »

Beta is Officially Over :o
A Demo Tribes Multiplayer version has been released and will be available at the Lan Party On October 1.

Vivendi Anounced that it will be released for distrubion October 5, 2004. This does make it fall at a good time.

Lets see if we can play this at the Lan Party. I will be createing a set of Demo CDs (the demo is 450Mb) by itself. :)
Osiramon
A.K.A. CorpusDecrepid

Post by Guest »

Have acquired Tribes Vengeance and will be setting it up on one of the servers. It will be at Ubercon.

I'll try it out a bit over the next week and report on it. :o

DeManster

It's about time!

Post by DeManster »

Ahhhhhh Tribes....my first real love. I'm going to get the demo now.