Keep NJLP Ranked Server?

We have been doing a lot of talking about BF lately, so I figured I would put it all in one place.

Should we keep the server going?

Yes, and I can help.
60%
Yes, but sorry I can't help.
No votes
No...let it go...cut our losses.
40%

Total votes: 5

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keep NJLP Ranked Server?

Post by Murdock »

Ok...who is interested in keeping the server going...we could try it with a lower player count. Costs less...pay per month....What do you think.

If you are interested in helping keep the server going for another month, how much would you be willing to pledge?

Figure this...for $105/month, we can have a 30 person server. I'd be willing to put down $30 for that? Anyone else interested?

JP
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

harlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by harlock »

I would like to have our own server, but how often are we going to use it? I mean over the past 6 months, I think we used it 3 or 4 times that I know of.
If we lowered the player count, a few of us can sign in and play.
What is the minimum for the 30 person games?

coold8
Captain
Captain

Post by coold8 »

I feel the NJLANParty BF2 Ranked server should end. 98% of the time the server was empty, and over the past 3 months I can't remember seeing even 1 person in the server except maybe once. It was a nice idea, but I feel that the server was just never used, and to pay $1200 a year for something that is barely used (even if split up) seems like a waste of money. If you decide to renew, I would be willing to donate if I witness some population in the server.
-Dave

harlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by harlock »

I spoke to Murdock about this and he was informed by the hosting company that we have the server until June?!?

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

How awesome is that...I must have figured out the cost wrong. They told me we are paid up to June! So now we only need 6 to get a game going...lets get the most out of it.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Free Frags?

Should we call it a Frag? No.. Its kills..

More Free Killing!

coold8
Captain
Captain

Post by coold8 »

Great to hear you have it until June! Now the quick question is, the server glitching that was happening the other night, is that still going on? Just wonderin'.
-Dave

BashBang
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BashBang »

Well With less players and less money to get a game going Heck I say keep it going. Once I get my house i'll be able to play more.

Plus we keep our [NJLP] name out there.

Once we let the server go, it would be a slow begining to a long ending. WHat ever that means. :?