Fleet Starbase and Embassy in production

This forum is for the discussions relating to Star Trek Online for the NJLP members.

Moderator: Digger[NJLP]

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Fleet Starbase and Embassy in production

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

To those who are interested Myself, Murdock, and Cupcake have started the process of upgrading our starbase and embassy.

The way this works is;
The fleet has projects needing to be completed, look at the fleet menu from the button located in the top corner of your screen under the mini map. These projects, once complete, award the fleet/player with fleet points to assign to new phases of starbase/embassy construction. Fleet members complete missions seperately and/or together which awards Fleet credits which get donated to the projects. Projects also need, resources, duty officers, etc as part of the prereq's. Then the countdown to project completion begins. Once the project is complete the Fleet Credits earned get applied and hepls in the upgrade of our starbase/embassy. Luckily the phase 1 of the starbase only needs 1000 fleet credits which is the award for phase 1 construction.

Currently the easiest way to get fleet points is to do an episode from the Foundry. You have to get the mission from Starfleet that specifically awards you 50 Fleet credits. Then you choose a Foundry mission to play. Once complete Starfleet gives you 50 fleet credits to apply toward projects in your starbase. This mission that awards fleet credits is repeatable as soon as its done so if its a 15 minute mission, you could have 200 credits in one hour, theoretically.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/found ... -spotlight

The new fleet system, aside from our own sector for our starbase, stardock, and other cool things, allows calendar scheduling and other nice management features. Which we will use for announcing STF plans and other fleet planned fun.

How do you get to our locations?

The "Federation Fleet Starbase" Sector is located in ETA Eridani Sector. Its on the map just fly up to the system and enter. It will put you in the correct system instance for our base.

Our embassy is located on New Romulus in the TAU DEWA sector block. Once you enter New Romulus space you will have an option to beam directly to our Embassy or you can get in to it from the planet side.

Currently we are concentrating on the upgrade of the Starbase, since its "cheaper" for Stage 1. Look at the different projects and you will see.

Both the level 0 starbase and embassy is not to shabby, check'm out when you online.

Anyone who is interested in joining the fleet itself should contant anyone of us. :)
Last edited by Digger[NJLP] on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!

War_Ghoul
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Fleet Starbase and Embassy in production

Post by War_Ghoul »

I'm finally back in game, just need permission for my characters to contribute resources.

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Umm looks like our sweet 50 credits a fleet mission is gone.
As part of this change and now that we?re past our Anniversary, we have removed the wrapper mission that granted the additional 50 Fleet Marks every 30 minutes for playing a single Foundry mission. We did this for a number of reasons. While we want players to enjoy Foundry missions, they should not be the one stop shop for all Rewards in the game. They are now arguably the single best source of Dilithium per mission, and they should not also be the best source for Fleet Marks. Another reason is that Fleet Marks should be for Fleet Gameplay and we will begin adjusting where Fleet Marks are granted to keep Fleet Marks in line with our Fleet gameplay goals.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showt ... ost8070831
When we were crafting the Fleet System, we considered two options for how Fleet Marks and Fleet Progression would behave. There are pro's and con's to both options we considered.

Option A was that Fleet size would determine the maximum tier for Fleet Holdings. The larger the Fleet, the higher the Fleet Holding Tiers could achieve. This is how many other MMOs gate Guild progression, but we felt that it is artificially limiting to the many active small Fleets in STO.

Option B was to allow Fleets of any size to achieve all tiers of Fleet Holdings. The drawback is that because Fleet sizes range so much, we had to find a balance so that Large Fleets had some challenge, while still allowing small Fleets to achieve all tiers, albeit at a much slower pace. If you are in a Fleet less than 25 players, then it is expected to be more challenging than the norm.

So from our perspective we choose the sensible Option B, with the goal of ensuring that our active large Fleets had a decent challenge and wouldn?t complete the Fleet Holdings overnight. It needed to be a challenge for 500 member Fleets. It is a sign that you went through extreme effort to achieve the goal.

The end result of this decision is that smaller Fleets may achieve maximum Starbase sizes, but it is expected to be much harder. You can achieve all tiers, but you are doing so at a great disadvantage, especially if you are under 25 Fleet Members or your Fleet Members don't play at least three times a week.
Kinda sux we are at a disadvantage, but running a 500 friggin person fleet would be crazy!

War_Ghoul
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by War_Ghoul »

Well s**t there goes my plans for Saturday afternoon.....

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Looking to do a space fleet action tonight in STO. It takes about 10 minutes, we could go multiple times perhaps or even a ground mission to earn more fleet marks. The 10 minute space action can give over 50 fleet creds per participant, up to five in the instance If we have more we can do a 20 person or multiple instances. But who am I kidding, will we even get five? :lol:

Friday night, 10ish eastern

War_Ghoul
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by War_Ghoul »

Damn, I've been sick for a few days so I was sleeping by then.