STO - checking in

This forum is for the discussions relating to Star Trek Online for the NJLP members.

Moderator: Digger[NJLP]

War_Ghoul
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

STO - checking in

Post by War_Ghoul »

So, I just logged back in after over a year to see what's what now that the game if FTP. Lot's of changes, but the level cap has not moved?? What the heck is up with that? I'm not sure I see the point of pouring in play time without gaining any kind of advancement. My character is capped and my officers are all pretty much capped in the skills I've trained.

I guess I'll need to poke around a little bit more to see what else has changed, but not sure if this can keep any interest without starting over.

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STO - checking in

Post by Murdock »

I'm loving it. I still don't know what the hell anything is, but it is starting to make more sense now. I just respec'd my character the other day, and had to do it again. I didn't mind one bit. I liked the new skill interface. STILL don't know how anything helps me, or if I should choose A over B, but I'm getting there.
I did the Q's Winter Wonderland. I liked it. I also really like the Duty Roster Stuff.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

War_Ghoul
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by War_Ghoul »

I think part of my problem is that I've run two characters to the level cap, have two more at captain I think, with 300+ hours logged. The skill overhaul kind of looked pointless, I liked the specialization of the old way, now I feel like I need more points to get back to where I was.

harlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by harlock »

Hey, does anyone want to try the STF (Special Task Force) missions?

War_Ghoul
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by War_Ghoul »

So, I hopped back on this past weekend and played a few missions. I have to say, for the most part I like what they've done. There's been decent equipment rewards in the quests and the content has been good as well.

I'd give a STF a try if we can get a group together. Still playing a science officer in a science ship. I'd also be up to just group for some random missions or some of the borg encounters.

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Roll a new player, all of the missions are so much better then the first year.
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

I'll do an STF, but we will need 5.
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!