NeverWinterNights

This is the general information board. Please place any ideas for this site, our servers, or any thing else that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

NeverWinterNights

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Anyone interested in or have NeverWinter Nights? I played NWN on AOL in the later 80's early 90's and bought the rerelease by SSi for nostalgia. Its a great game and allows you to host your own NWN server for play and you can develop your own NWN world.

cybrwlf
Captain
Captain

Post by cybrwlf »

Yeah I do, Playing threw NWN2 now
A howl in the distance marks the arrival of the CybrWlf...

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Nice.. I needed an excuse to startup again, how is 2? Worth the purchase, and any interest in building a server?

cybrwlf
Captain
Captain

Post by cybrwlf »

If you liked the original you will definately like this one, Alot of the elements that were right are kept in this version. The story is done well, the voice acting is great in some parts but then in others just so-so. Game play is great, and they improved on controlling your npcs a bit, but there is one thing I wished they would do, add a control system for NPCs like they do in FF12.

I know it's a console and an unfair comparision but I really like the way they did it in FF12. Watching my wife's son being able to control when a npc casts a heal spell based on another's HP percetage is BRILLIANT. I don't have to take control of my cleric just to cast a heal spell cause the AI doesn't think I NEED it. It's just silly. But I have to say this is my only fault in the game... so If I never had seen FF12 I would think this was perfect but I did and there for I can't give it a 10... A solid 9 mind you.

I know a couple of people who own it so setting up a server would be cool and we can all schedual a time to hop in. So just let me know and we'll try and set something up.
A howl in the distance marks the arrival of the CybrWlf...

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Wow, nice crytique I guess I'm buying NWN2. Give me a week or two and I'll have things in place.
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!

Osiramon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Osiramon »

I'm pretty sure Keir and his son were playing this.

I picked up a copy of it awhile back but have not gotten the next version. Been lost in WoW.
Osiramon
A.K.A. CorpusDecrepid

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

NeverWinter Nights Plans

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Ok folks, first off NeverWinterNights 1 and/or 2 just got shelved. I'm sure you haven't been waiting for me or anything but once I saw this I new I had to go a different direction.

The Lord of the Rings MMPORG just went beta for free.

Though I loved the D&D franchise and books, been their done that. This looks really, really interesting..
Check out the screen shot
http://lotro.turbine.com/files/56/73/52/66/987.jpg

Main Site http://www.lotro.com/
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!