BF3 account - S.O.L.

We have been doing a lot of talking about BF lately, so I figured I would put it all in one place.
GenTsoChiken
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

BF3 account - S.O.L.

Post by GenTsoChiken »

SOOOO... Just a cautionary tail...

at GXL, we decided to try to play some BF3 - Gun Master after playing CS:GO - Gun Game as Murdock brought up that it was in BF3. I tried to join a server and wait for the others to join but shortly after, Kicked...

well...

I was like, wait... WTF? I took a once over on my BattleLog account and noticed SEVERAL things out of place... and came to the conclusion that my BF3 account was most likely compromised. Tried to do some digging and opened an appeal ticket with PunkBuster.
PunkBuster Ticket wrote:10/13/2013 01:37:33 - "gentsochiken"
I Had logged into my Battlelog account to play BF3 at the GXL Lan today and I had noticed that several settings were not correct (loss of entire friends list, change in clan tag, unknown "Mail.ru" account listed for Gravitar, etc.). When I had checked my activity log, it was showing activity for when I know for a fact I had not played. The last time I know I played on PC was late February 2013. I have a strong suspicion that my account had been compromised and the user had cheated then subsequently had my account banned.

I have already taken steps to attempt to reclaim my account like changing my password and security questions with my EA account. I am still in the process of continuing to secure my account.

10/13/2013 18:42:17 - "Alex J"
Note #2: Hello,

In order to assist you I will need some more information.

Please join a Punk Buster enabled server and get kicked. After getting kicked, send me the exact word for word kick message that you receive.

In addition, please include your GUID and playername.

To see your GUID, go to your PB folder (located inside the game installation folder) and look for the “pbcl.log”.

Open the pbcl.log and look for the line "PB Server Assigned GUID = ", this is your GUID.

If the pbcl.log does not exist, please create a plain text file "pbcl.cfg" (use a text editor like "Notepad", make sure it has no additional '.txt' extension). Open the pbcl.cfg (again something like “Notepad”), copy the text pb_logtofile 1 and paste it into the pbcl.cfg. Then save the file and join a PB enabled server. After a few moments, you should have a new “pbcl.log” file in the PB folder.

10/13/2013 19:56:52 - "gentsochiken"
Note #3: GUID - [DELETED]
Player Name - GenTsoChiken

The few servers I had joined the below error or some variation there of...
------------
ERROR
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'GenTsoChiken' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (PB HACK) #130895
------------

One server I attempted to join last night stated something along the lines of...
------------
Cheater banned by GGC-Stream.NET. Ban on GUID [DELETED]. Contact GGC-Stream.NET for details. [Admin Decision]
------------

I also checked with GGC-Stream.Net since I was unable to find what the violation was for and they stated the below which prompted me to create this ticket.
------------
Attention!

This GUID has been banned due to a violation being triggered from evenbalance and is only being held by us. Please open a ticket at evenbalance before you proceed with this appeal:

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php

Fill all fields and write in the "problem/issue" box the text at the bottom. Now you have to wait until you get an answer from Evenbalance. If they wrote that the violation has been triggered by an error then create a ticket at our site with the ticket link at evenbalance.

If they do not give you this information we will not remove your ban from our system.

Please check the following violation for a technical failure:

Ban Link: [DELETED]
GUID: [DELETED]
Game: Battlefield 3
Violation: Violation (PB HACK) #130895
------------

10/16/2013 13:02:30 - "Alex J"
Note #4: The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

10/16/2013 15:13:00 - "gentsochiken"
Note #5: Thank you, I figured as much that there would be a highly unlikely chance that the ban would be lifted and I had set out with the intention to just find more details as to what had happened to my account. I suspect that the account was accessed outside of the United States and I am based in the New York region, but at this point I highly doubt it will say or do anything for my case.

I am open to any suggestions you are able to make to assist with further securing my account as EA/Battlefield is now an account based vs CD Key based game. I will see about contacting their Customer Service to see what they can do to help.

Thank you for your time.

I guess as it stands, I'm S.O.L.... so far...
Now I need to go through the arduous task of trying to reclaim or recreate my account with EA and try to make a case to migrate my account and/or shuffle my BF3 key.

With BF4 right around the corner, this will be completely bananas to get this straight in time...

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Re: BF3 account - S.O.L.

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Interesting I had a similar issue when they auto combined my two accounts. I had an ea account with Need For Speed/World and I had a different account for BF3. So they merged them together, but my old NFS purchase, the really old NFS:Undercover, which was a physical box purchase, which was also listed in Steam as a non stream app. Was physically removed from steam and put on the other account and for me it was next to impossible to get it migrated like the rest. So I have to log in to origin with the old account to play NFS:Undercover.

Their portal is pretty crappy, good luck.
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!