Dual boot Win7 and Win10?

Forum for Tech Discussion...Let's talk about anything Tech Related.
NILL
Commander
Commander

Dual boot Win7 and Win10?

Post by NILL »

Does anyone know if I can dual boot Win7 and Win10 if the Win10 installation is part of the free upgrade from Win7?

I guess the real question is, is the Win7 installation still valid and will pass WGA if I install Win10 from the offer inside of Win7?

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual boot Win7 and Win10?

Post by Murdock »

It might pass wga. Not sure.

Here is how I would try it.

Install win 7. Clone the image. Upgrade to win 10. Restore the image to the other boot partition. If WGA complains, and you want to go back to win 7, delete the win 7 partition, and roll back the win 10 partition. Win 10 allows you to roll back to the previous version.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

NILL
Commander
Commander

Re: Dual boot Win7 and Win10?

Post by NILL »

Ok, I just heard from someone who's tried this and, no, WGA will not pass for Win7 after the Win10 upgrade.

And after trying to get my mother Win10 laptop connected to three different wifi networks with hair pulling results, I decided to wash my hands of that crap. Win10 doesn't even tell me enough about the problem to be able to fix it and when I google the problem, I find non-answers from Microsoft like this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c66?auth=1

Between that and the included spyware, I'll just start switching things over to Ubuntu.